[Samba] stopping being a local master browser

kiki riki alfabit1 at yahoo.com
Mon May 29 09:30:15 GMT 2006

Hi everybody !
I have installed Samba 3.0.8pre1-0.pre1.3 which is
default version on FC3 making a fileserver and local
master browser for my LAN .
There is a machine called DAN ( running W98se ) which
stops my Samba LMB.
The nmbd.log says :
  *****
[2006/05/21 18:31:11, 0]
nmbd/nmbd_incomingdgrams.c:process_local_master_announce(311)
  process_local_master_announce: Server DAN at IP
172.22.37.54 is announcing itself as a local master
browser for workgroup REDACTIE and we think we are
master. Forcing election.
[2006/05/21 18:31:11, 0]
nmbd/nmbd_become_lmb.c:unbecome_local_master_success(149)
  *****

  Samba name server FILESERV has stopped being a local
master browser for workgroup REDACTIE on subnet
172.22.37.100

  *****
[2006/05/21 18:31:30, 0]
nmbd/nmbd_become_lmb.c:become_local_master_stage2(396)
  *****

  Samba name server FILESERV is now a local master
browser for workgroup REDACTIE on subnet 172.22.37.100

and this is repeting idefinitly.
os level = 255 in my smb.conf
What should I do to correct this ?