[Samba] Difficulty converting from RH 7.3 to Debian Sarge

Eric J. Feldhusen efeldhusen.lists at gmail.com
Wed May 24 21:11:55 GMT 2006

Various distrobs store the .tdb files in different locations, some are
/var/lib/samba, some under /var/cache/samba/ and some in /var/db/samba.

You'll need to store those .tdb files in the correct location for your
distro.  I've seen the same exact thing with redhat 8,9 and various
fedora cores.  I don't know where redhat 7.3 or debian store them, but
if you do a  "smbd -b" and look for "LOCKDIR: /something/something",
that /something/something is where the debian samba is looking for the
.tdb files.

Eric Feldhusen