[Samba] Difficulty converting from RH 7.3 to Debian Sarge

Rich Marsh rmarsh at shipco.com
Wed May 24 16:03:17 GMT 2006

I am running debian sarge 2.4.27-3-686 and samba version 3.0.14a-Debian
.  The previous machine was running rh 7.3 (valhalla) 2.4.20-29.7.progeny.11, samba version unknown.  I have restored all shares and directories.  Most of users can access everything, however our login script will not run.  For those users that cannot log in re-joining them to the domain not only works but then the login script runs as well.

Obviously we are missing a key file from the old machine that relates to the machine accounts.  I copied all the .tdb files over and placed them in the appropriate dirs, but still it won't work.  I don't want to have to disjoin and re-join all my users since then all their information will need to be copied over to the newly created profile.  Any and all help is appreciated.

.tdb files copied over:

-brlock.tdb
-connections.tdb
-locking.tdb