[Samba] wbinfo -g Error looking up domain groups

Jan Luehr listen at stephan.homeunix.net
Tue May 23 08:40:39 GMT 2006

Hello,

sadly, I've some problem adding a DMS (Sama 3.0.22 on Debian Sarge) to our
donain (hosted by Samba 3.0.14 on SuSE 9.0 - not managed by me.).

I added my dms by using net rpc join without any problem and wbinfo -u lists
all domain users. But somehow wbinfo -g fails with "Error looking up domain
groups"
net user -S pdc and net group -S pdc are both working on the dms, but say

[2006/05/23 10:37:07, 0] utils/net_ads.c:ads_startup(191)
  ads_connect: Transport endpoint is not connected
when I execute 'em.

The relevant(?) parts of my smb.conf are:

security = server
winbind use default domain = yes
idmap uid = 4970-20000
idmap gid = 1000-20000