[Samba] Samba Print Problem (Everything Looks Right)

Adam Nielsen adam.nielsen at uq.edu.au
Tue May 23 01:50:30 GMT 2006

> Try to put this:
>
> 	use client driver = yes
>
> it's work with me.

Unfortunately that option will (I assume) only work if you're using
client drivers, i.e. *not* the driver sitting on the Samba server.

From the manpage:

> This parameter MUST not be able enabled on a print share which has
> valid print driver installed on the Samba server.

Since the driver *is* installed on the server, I'm not sure what would
happen if you enabled it...  I'm guessing you'd have to manually choose
which driver you want to use on the client PC (e.g. the driver that
came with the printer) so you wouldn't end up using the CUPS driver.

Cheers,
Adam.