[Samba] Samba Print Problem (Everything Looks Right)

Adam Nielsen adam.nielsen at uq.edu.au
Tue May 23 01:45:18 GMT 2006

> > Can you try it on an XP box?  It sounds like it should work there -
> > I've yet to find a solution for Win2k.
>
> All my WinXP boxes are behaving the same as the Win2K unit.  I just
> don't have a "fresh" install of a WinXP box handy at the moment.

That shouldn't make a difference - it works fine for me on XP machines
that have gone years without a reinstall.

You're able to run \\server\print$ from the client machines?  I suppose
so, otherwise the files you've seen wouldn't have been copied across.
All I can suggest is removing/renaming the .tdb files related to
printing, restarting Samba and then rerunning cupsaddsmb.  I've had a
few issues with cupsaddsmb, it has to be run *just* right to work.  If
it asks you for a password more than once, it probably hasn't worked.
Try adding one printer at a time (if you have more than one) as opposed
to using the -a option to add all printers at once.

Sorry I couldn't be more helpful!

Cheers,
Adam.