[Samba] Samba Print Problem (Everything Looks Right)

Brian White bcwhite at precidia.com
Tue May 23 00:01:25 GMT 2006

> (a truely great work, IMO).  However, I cannot get a WinXP or Win2K
> machine to automatically install the driver when I double-click on the
> printer after browsing the share.

Actually, now that I think about it...  Perhaps I'm not completely
accurate with that statement.

In fact, when I double-click to open the printer, it does connect and
give me a print-queue window.  It's only when I trying to bring up the
properties for that printer that it tells me no driver is installed and
asks if I want to search for one.

However, even if I say "no", the properties dialog does come up (just
the print queue settings -- no printer driver options) and I can
successfully print a test page.

So...  What am I missing?

                                           Brian
                                  ( bcwhite at precidia.com )