[Samba] Samba/DLAP Howto

Brian White bcwhite at precidia.com
Mon May 22 21:58:12 GMT 2006

> Newbie here...wanting to implement and test Samba (current version, 3.0.22) as a PDC
> on LDAP backend.

I'm just finishing doing the same thing.  I've tried to write it all
down and I'll post it here when I'm done (perhaps even later today).

As you've noticed, there are quite a few on the net.  I'm afraid mine
will be just one more.

> I'd prefer a pretty step-by-step how-to, that doesn't assume I know
> much at all.

It's not a trivial process, I assure you.  I spent a full week preparing
on a test server and another two days to make the conversion on the real
network.

                                           Brian
                                  ( bcwhite at precidia.com )