[Samba] samba log and cups

Emilio Casbas ecasbas at unav.es
Fri May 19 07:31:38 GMT 2006

Mark Proehl wrote:
> Hi,
>
> if your samba is compiled without libcups, then you should not set
> printing = CUPS.

why?
you can use CUPS with samba even if samba is not linked against libcups.so.
> >From the smb.conf manual page:
>
>    "For printing = CUPS : If SAMBA is compiled against libcups, then printcap = cups uses the  CUPS  API
>    to submit jobs, etc."
>
> If samba is not compiled against libcups, how should it be able to use
> the cups api?

Because we've using our customized "print command" , no from the CUPS
default.
This command do some sort internal proccesing and then send the job from
the spool samba
to spool cups, and samba/cups integration is working perfect, but as I
said, the unique problem
is the log error from samba.

Thanks
Emilio C.