[Samba] Samba ADS problem

Fabio Bucciarelli fbucciarelli at regione.emilia-romagna.it
Thu May 18 16:03:55 GMT 2006

Jasmine,

I think the problem is that Solaris can't accept username longer than 8
chars.
You can try chown with uid:

#chown  10022 /home/jselvaraj

I don't know if the problem you have in share access is for the same
reason.

If you defined winbind use default domain = Yes in smb.conf,  it is
strange you obtain usernames with domain in getent passwd.

Fabio