[Samba] Can't get past login window

David Ackerman dackerman at apnts.org
Fri May 19 06:01:07 GMT 2006

I am new at Samba.  I just about have it working.  From my windows XP
client, I can access the workgroup and then see the server.  When I click on
server to access network folders, the login pops up.  I put in the username
and password (both of which are already in Samba).  The login window
refreshes and I get in the login screen:  XXX/username, with XXX being the
name of my local Windows XP computer.  I put in password and the window just
refreshes the same and I can't get past it.  My /home directory is 777 and
the user's directory is 700.  I am using Webmin as much as possible.  Any
help will be great.  The answer is probably simple.  Thanks.

David