[Samba] Redirection of Desktop

Adam Nielsen adam.nielsen at uq.edu.au
Thu May 18 23:40:22 GMT 2006

> However, if I create a file on the desktop, nothing shows up on the
> desktop.  What is even weirder, if I look at the H: drive which is
> defined by samba under logon drive = H:, I see the file in this
> directory.  Does anyone know why this might be happening with Samba?

Does it show up if you press F5 on the desktop?  My first thought would
be that the desktop doesn't automatically scan for new files, it relies
entirely on being notified whenever a new file is created.  Since Samba
only does this under certain circumstances, that would be my first
guess.  Pressing F5 (or right-click Refresh) should force the desktop
to rescan the folder and make any new files appear (if this is the
problem.)

Cheers,
Adam.