[Samba] Redirection of Desktop

Matthew Crites mcrites at gmail.com
Thu May 18 21:01:13 GMT 2006

Hi, I am using a logon script to modify the
HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\User Shell
Folders\Desktop to %LOGONSERVER%\profiles\%USERNAME%.  On the samba
server I have a share that hosts the profiles under %N\profiles\%U

However, if I create a file on the desktop, nothing shows up on the
desktop.  What is even weirder, if I look at the H: drive which is
defined by samba under logon drive = H:, I see the file in this
directory.  Does anyone know why this might be happening with Samba?