[Samba] hp officejet 9130 and samba

Gerard Veneman (VANDEBOUW) gerard at vandebouw.nl
Tue May 16 13:15:23 GMT 2006

Dear samba.org,

In your archives I found the the following thread.

==

Gerald (Jerry) Carter
<mailto:samba%40lists.samba.org?Subject=%5BSamba%5D%20hp%20officejet%209130%
20and%20samba&In-Reply-To=43460B9D.5080203%40kwnet.at> jerry at samba.org
Fri Oct 7 11:51:43 GMT 2005

kurt weiss wrote:
| we're using an hp officejet 9130 (all in one printer/scanner), wich has
| the possibility to store scans on a network share (smb).
|
| path, username and password are checked on a workstation and are ok.
| the printer has full access to the network.
|
| unfortunally samba denies access:
| <snip filename="log.smbd">
| [2005/10/06 14:46:22, 0] smbd/negprot.c:reply_negprot(557)
|   No protocol supported !
| </snip>
|
| in smb.conf we'd defined the max protocol as LANMAN2
| on the printer we've tested following options:
| LM/NTLM
| NTLM
| NTLM2
| allways the same message.

Can you send me an ethereal trace of the failure?

cheers, jerry

==

After this, the thread dies.

Now I'm having almost the same problem. In log.smbd I get:

smbd/service.c:make_connection(731)

make_connection: refusing to connect with no session setup

Although I created a machine account in my samba PDC for the officejet, I
suspect it doesn't authenticate this way (Domain security).

Do you have any ideas how I can get the 'scan to folder'-feature of the
officejet to work with samba as PDC?

Kind regards,

Gerard Veneman

VANDEBOUW

techniek & management

Elzensteeg 4

Postbus 73

3100 AB  SCHIEDAM

T:  010-2732002

F:  010-2731999

M: 06-51 969 172

E:  gerard at vandebouw.nl <BLOCKED::blocked::mailto:gerard at vandebouw.nl>

De informatie verzonden met dit E-mail bericht is uitsluitend
bestemd voor de geadresseerde. Gebruik van deze informatie door
anderen dan de geadresseerde is verboden. Dit bericht is
gecontroleerd op computervirussen door een geautomatiseerd systeem.
The information contained within this communication is confidential
and may be legally privileged. It is intended solely for the use of
the individual or entity to whom it is addressed and others
authorised to receive it. This message has been checked for computer
viruses by an automated computer system.