[Samba] wbinfo -t -u -g not working

Richard Santiago rsantiago at rcm.upr.edu
Tue May 9 15:02:32 GMT 2006

Hi,

I have been using a Samba 3.021c server for up to three (3) months now
and suddenly, for some strange reason, I can't issue the wbinfo -u or -g
commands without getting the error:

Error looking up domain users / groups.

When I issue the wbinfo -t command I get:

checking the trust secret via RPC calls failed

error code was  (0x0)

Could not check secret

Thanks God, my shares are still working and sometimes the id user
command works but sometimes returns:

id: user: No such user

All these result on my Samba server not working efficiently meaning that
when I want to create a new share I have trouble.

I would like to know what could have cause this to malfunction.

There have been some policy changes on the AD and recently and the
password of the Administrator account for the domain has changed.
Does this has anything to do with my problems?

Thanks for your prompt answer to my doubts and thanks for your help.

Richard Santiago

Systems Administrator

University of Puerto Rico

Medical Sciences Campus