[Samba] Preparing to migrate

Greg Folkert greg at gregfolkert.net
Mon May 8 20:49:57 GMT 2006

On Mon, 2006-05-08 at 10:42 -0400, Dirk H Bartley wrote:
> >  .. Are there any tools/methods to move
> > files from ntfs to samba and maintain ownership and acl data???
>
> I Think I may have figured out a good way to recreate the acl
> information from ntfs to posix.  Using cygwin's find, xargs and getfacl
> to create a file to reproduce acl's in posix.  Is there a more preferred
> method??
>
> I am still hoping for recommendations on migration methods from AD to
> samba3.  Thinking that using samba 4 to vampire the user, group and
> group membership information.  Then backpedaling to samba-3 creating
> scripts to modify the ldap schema's appropriately.  I'm hoping someone
> has had experience with this and can advise.

You are a pioneer, we would all like to see you succeed. Please make
sure you orient the heat shield in the proper way... cause it'll get
really hot.

greg, greg at gregfolkert.net

The technology that is
Stronger, Better, Faster: Linux

Use Debian GNU/Linux, its a bazaar thing

NOTICE: Due to Presidential Executive Orders, the
National Security Agency may have read this email
without warning, warrant, or notice, and certainly
without probable cause. They may do this without
any judicial or legislative oversight. You have no
recourse nor protection.