[Samba] How to Change samba's PW from XP

jayb jbk at paragonsys.com
Sun May 7 03:25:00 GMT 2006

I could really use a quick yes/no answer here. If answer yes
a pointer to a Howto.

I have a samba based file server running in workgroup mode with
security = user

XP User authentication is managed by a separate LDAP server.

Is there a way from within XP such as  command utility, anything, I could use to
update the samba server's password?

RIght now, it a manual excerise to update the samba server password everytime the
user changes his/her password.

I see this question asked a lot but I just can't seem to fine an answer.

When working as a PDC, what mechanism is used to update the user's password then?

thanks

jay