[Samba] SAMBA: winbind ID's disappearing

Matthew Carpenter matt at eisgr.com
Fri May 5 19:29:09 GMT 2006

http://lists.samba.org/archive/samba/2005-October/113181.html
This sounds exactly like what I'm experiencing... for the second time.  I'm
starting to think it happens whenever the AD folks create a new domain in the
forest.  (we just added our asia pacific region a couple days ago)

Did you ever figure out what's happening?  How did you resolve the issue?
I remember last time I had to stop the services, delete a lot of tdb files and
rejoin the domain.  There's got to be a better way, and hopefully a way to
avoid the pains in the first place.

Thanks,
Matt

--
Matthew Carpenter
matt at eisgr.com                          http://www.eisgr.com/

Enterprise Information Systems
* Network Server Appliances
* Security Consulting, Incident Handling & Forensics
* Network Consulting, Integration & Support
* Web Integration and E-Business