[Samba] Re: Creating a trust on an unstable network

Ray Greene raygr at es.co.nz
Fri May 5 08:39:55 GMT 2006

On Fri, 05 May 2006 07:37:25 +0200, Robert Schetterer
<robert at schetterer.org> wrote:

>Hi Ray,
>i had a vpn based on openvpn and tap interfaces, with a trust between
>two samba domains this worked like charme , the conection was resetted
>2 times a day by the adsl provider.
>If the trust brakes on a longer timeout you have to reestablish the
>trust which causes a lot of traffic over the vpn, also it can be very
>frustration in use if the the trust is not in sync, cause it may lead
>to failures at logon , share rights etc
>Best Regards

Thanks Robert, that's what I wanted to hear :-)

The link is rarely down for more than 10 minutes as I have a script
which regularly checks it and reconnects if necessary.

I think I'll try it and see how well it works. I can always remove the
trust and go back to our current system if it causes problems.

--
Ray Greene