[Samba] Re: Samba file server -- samba domain join problem

Anthony Linux anthony.linux at gmail.com
Thu May 4 17:54:47 GMT 2006

Nevermind, I got it fixed.

I changed security=domain to security=user and copied over all my ldap
information (ou=Groups, ou=Users, etc).  I then added the manager password
with smbpasswd -w <PW> and everything works great now.

It seems like 3.0.10 for FC3 does not pass the password encrypted the way
the PDC is expecting it.  It resolved the users fine, but something broke
when trying to verify passwords.  This fix is also nice because I can easily
turn the second server into a BDC if necessary, although I would want to
replicate my ldap database there first (no point having a BDC get user info
from a PDC LDAP server that crashed! :-)

Hopefully this will help some people I saw who had similar problems but no

Anthony