[Samba] XFS Group Quotas Revisited

andy liebman andyliebman at aol.com
Mon May 1 15:46:08 GMT 2006

I wrote into the list a few days ago about XFS Group Quotas not working
in Samba 3.0.21c and 3.0.22.  I have confirmed that if I uninstall
3.0.22 and reinstall 3.0.13, when I change an XFS group quota on Linux
and mount a share that belongs to that group, if I look at the
"Properties" for that share in Windows, Windows tells me that the "size"
of the share is equal to the GROUP QUOTA that was set -- i.e., 200 GB.
That is the desired behavior.

If I switch back to 3.0.22, Windows tells me in the "Properties" for the
share that the size of the share is equal to the size of the PHYSICAL
VOLUME (in this case, 4.4 TB).

What can I do to help you track down the source of this problem? Is
there a workaround?  It doesn't seem as though this is the same problem
that was reported earlier about LVM and XFS and Quotas.

Regards,
Andy Liebman