[Samba] Winbind and email server

Paul Matthews paul.matthews at cathedral.qld.edu.au
Thu Mar 30 22:12:30 GMT 2006

well the problem i think your having is that you have not edited the
/etc/nsswitch.conf file.

change from

passwd:     files
shadow:     files
group:       files

to:

passwd:     winbind files
shadow:     winbind files
group:      winbind files

or something along those lines, play with the /etc/nsswitch.conf to find the
right configuration for you.

check out the post i've made on my website about how we use have setup my
mail system, i think i've done it fairly well

http://www.yourhowto.org/content/view/25/9/

Paul Matthews
I.T Trainee | The Cathedral School
Ph  (07) 47222 194 |  Fax (07) 47222 111
PO Box 944 Aitkenvale Q 4814
E:  paul.matthews at cathedral.qld.edu.au
W: www.cathedral.qld.edu.au

Anglican coeducation | Day and Boarding | Early Childhood to Year 12
Educating for life-long success

IMPORTANT NOTICE REGARDING CONFIDENTIALITY

This electronic email message is intended only for the addressee and may
contain confidential information. If you are not the addressee, you are
notified that any transmission, distribution or photocopying of this email
is strictly prohibited. The confidentiality attached to this email is not
waived, lost or destroyed by reasons of a mistaken delivery to you.