[Samba] Corrupt sam database in Samba, cant add users or change pass

Carlos Lijoi carloslijoi at gmail.com
Thu Mar 16 17:29:13 GMT 2006

Hello, this is my first post

Hi, I'm having a problem here...
After (stupidly) trying to change an username  I'm having problems reported by smbpasswd and pdbedit: "build_sam_account: smbpasswd database is corrupt! "

I would really appreciate any help with this, as I have users not bein able to login into the domain anymore, nor the new users that I try to add!!
Please let me know which information could be useful

Regards from Buenos Aires, Argentina
Carlos
_________________
-------------------------------
The real voyage of discovery consists not in seeking new landscapes, but in having new eyes
-- Marcel Proust

My setup is
Samba 3.014
Primary Domain Controller

Code:

[global]
        add machine script = /usr/sbin/useradd -d /var/lib/nobody -g 100 -s /bin/false -M %u
        message command = /usr/bin/linpopup "%f" "%m" %s; rm %s
        log file = /var/log/samba3/%U.log
        smb passwd file = /etc/samba/private/smbpasswd
        name resolve order = wins lmhosts hosts bcast
        socket options = TCP_NODELAY IPTOS_LOWDELAY
        domain master = yes
        interfaces = eth1
        hosts allow =192.168.0. localhost 127.0.0.1
        bind interfaces only = yes
        hide dot files = yes
        time server = yes
        encrypt passwords = yes
        veto files = /.maildir/
        dead time = 40
        wins support = true
        dns proxy = no
        netbios name = khatmandu
        browseable = yes
        server string = Khatmandu %v
        logon script = logon.cmd
        local master = yes
        workgroup = lamsas
        logon path = \\khatmandu\profiles\%U
        debug level = 10
        os level = 64
        security = user
        getwd cache = yes
        max log size = 500
        domain logons = yes

[homes]
        force create mode = 770
        comment = Home Directories
        browseable = no
        writable = yes
        create mode = 770
        force directory mode = 770
        directory mode = 770
        veto files = /*.mp3/

vfs objects = recycle
        recycle:exclude = *.tmp *.temp *.o *.obj ~$* *.db
        recycle:keeptree = True
        recycle:touch = True
        recycle:versions = True
        recycle:repository = ../../reciclaje/personales/%U
        recycle:maxsize = 10000000

 [netlogon]
   comment = Network Logon Service
   path = /var/lib/samba/netlogon