[Samba] Re: Bizarre problems with two Samba in the same workgroup

Guillermo Dalla Vecchia hertor28 at gmail.com
Fri Mar 10 01:04:29 GMT 2006

I have resolved part of my problems. The shares won't show up if they have
more than 12 characters. That was happening with documentacion and my home
(they have 13 characters).
I have lowered the os level from 200 to 65 in the new server (the
recommended value), and 65 to 0 in the old server (to not take part in
master browser elections). That seems to give better results.
But I still can't see the old server (Samba 2.2 configured as client) in the
browsing list (mantained in the new Samba 3.0.14 server). I have the
following question

I can see an entry in wins.dat for the old and new server but nothing more,
although when I see browse.dat I can see the browsing list ok except for the
old server. Is that ok?? shouldn't I see an entry in wins.dat for every
client configured to use wins??

Why Samba 3.0 doesn't add Samba 2.2 to the browsing list??

Thanks in advance