[Samba] On Fedora Core "service smb start" starts both smbd and nmbd. I need to only start smbd

sdgesa gaeharth pollux1234567890 at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 6 15:53:24 GMT 2006

I have disable netbios and wins on our network and I read somewhere  that,  as a result, I should not start nmbd. However the samba rpm  on FC4 installs only one init.d start up script called smb that starts  up both smbd  and nmbd.What is the best way to fix? I would hate  to have to edit the init.d/smb script manually.

  Thanks