[Samba] NFS und Samba Shares in synchronous mode

Louis van Belle louis at van-belle.nl
Thu Mar 2 13:41:12 GMT 2006

not here.

i use samba and in 3 samba shares there are nfsmounts.
situation:

1 )  samba share ( linux )  debian running kernel 2.6.11

NFS Mount Sco 5		( different users also )

layout samba
/home/samba/ ( data/users/profiles/etc. )

/home/nfsmounts/mountpoint  = \\servername\share

on linux server we added a user with the uid/gid same as on the sco server.

an we force these users on the samba share.

hope this helps a bit.

Louis