[Samba] samba as a domain member

Guillermo Gutierrez ggutierrez at marketscan.com
Thu Mar 2 13:50:17 GMT 2006

a little more info on this, I can see the user's home directory via \\Solidus in explorer, but when I try to enter it I get a message saying that I dont have permission to access the folder or it doesn't exist and below that it says that the network location doesn't exist.

I wonder, what is the correct syntax for the path to the users home folder in smb.conf? I have seen it specified as path=/home/%D/%U and I have seen some smb.conf files where it is not specified at all.

p.s. I did setup pam.d/system-auth to use the pam_mkhomedir.so module.