[Samba] Maximum number of LANMAN Work Items and concurrent connections from IIS 6.0 to Samba

S. J. van Harmelen sander.vanharmelen at isp.solcon.nl
Thu Jun 29 15:45:24 GMT 2006

Hey there folks!!

I have a question about the maximum number of LANMAN Work Items and
concurrent connections from IIS 6.0 to Samba.

We have a server for shared windows webhosting running Windows 2003 with
IIS 6.0 (with ASP.NET 2.0) connecting to debian 3.1 with Samba 3.0.22
(functioning as a fileserver).

At this moment there are about 250 sites running on this server. Now
when we make a request to site x (which is using ASP.NET 2.0) we get the
following error:

"Failed to start monitoring changes to \\server\websitedirectory...
because the network BIOS command limit has been reached"

Now I know there is a registry setting in Windows 2003 that controls
these values, but I can't seem to find how to configure this in Samba.

As far as I understand, Samba by default is configured for unlimited
connections. So what am I missing?

Help would be greatly appriciated!!

Regards,

Sander