[Samba] boot question on SAMBA file server

Erik Hertzel ehertzel at airlanco.com
Thu Jun 29 15:29:36 GMT 2006

I have now gotten the SAMBA server on the network that I referenced
earlier.  I am having one problem:

I was given direction to do the following:

Format my hard drive that I am using for my SAMBA file server.  So, I
did this:

mkfs.ext3 -L /myOtherDisk /dev/hdb

Then, I did this in the fstab:

LABEL=/myOtherDisk   /disk2    ext3   defaults  1 2

Finally, I did this in smb.conf:

[net-progs]
   path = /disk2
   comment = network projects share
   public = yes
   writable = yes
   browseable = yes

I rebooted but got the following error:

couldn't find matching filesystem:  LABEL=myOtherDisk

***An error occurred during the file system check
***Dropping you to a shell.

It was pointed out that I didn't mount disk2, so I did this in the shell:

mount /dev/hdb /disk2

It seemed to take, but I rebooted again and still can't past the
'couldn't find matching filesystem:  LABEL=myOtherDisk

What am I doing wrong and is it possible to fix this boot issue, I think
I am good to go after that.

Thanks very much in advance...