[Samba] Password expires in 14 days

J. Pilfold-Bagwell jpb at testbed.bordengrammar.kent.sch.uk
Tue Jun 20 14:22:46 GMT 2006

Hi all,

I ran a Samba/LDAP setup for 750 users a while back and the whole plot worked brilliantly until one day, users received a message along the lines of "Your password will expire in 14 days". No matter how often people changed their passwords, they still got the message. 14 days later everyone's account expired and I ended up spending some time rolling back to tdbsam.

Has anyone had this happen before?

The scripts from Idealx were used, I can't remeber the LDAP version (2.2.?) but the Samba version was 3.0.20a.

I'm planning to convert back to LDAP due to the size of the network bit in the event didn't have time to diagnose the source of the problem. Funnily enough, when the Windows clients stopped signing on Linux clients could still authenticate fine via LDAP.

Cheers,

Julian PB