[Samba] speed trouble ...

Jose Luis Maquieira Taboada joseluismaquieira at gmail.com
Mon Jun 19 12:49:48 GMT 2006

Hi !

 In my lan I have some projects with eclipse located in windows at w:
drive; this w: is a samba resource in Debian.

 A one file save it takes 4-5 seconds ... its a lot of time than
saving on local hard disk.
I test some tuning options like file system and samba ...

The files are .c and are little files ... a lot of them, gif, .c, .ogg, ...

The FS is EXT3 with "News format" options on debian instalation (
inodes ) and the same results on an EXT3 with standar format.

I´ve got a P4 with 1gb of ram and Debian Etch today updates ...

The version of the samba installed is 3.0.22-1 and the kernel is the
2.6.15-1-686

My file config is this one

       netbios name = BTEAM-2
       server string = (%L)
       workgroup = LABORATORIO
       encrypt passwords = yes
       hosts allow = 192.168.190. 127.
       os level = 120
       domain master = no
       preferred master = no
       wins support = yes
       name resolve order = hosts wins lmhosts bcast
       remote announce = 192.168.190.255
       remote browse sync = 192.168.190.255
       socket options = TCP_NODELAY SO_RCVBUF=16384 SO_SNDBUF=16384
IPTOS_LOWDELAY
       oplocks = yes
       level2 oplocks = False
       dos filetimes = yes
       dos filemode = yes
       use mmap = yes
       stat cache = Yes
       write cache size = 266144
       large readwrite = yes
       log level = 10
       read raw = yes
       write raw = yes
       dead time = 15
       max xmit = 65535
       getwd cache = yes

[adiaz]
  comment = Carpeta compartida para Alberto
  path = /srv/public/adiaz
  read only = no
  guest ok = yes
  browseable = yes
  writeable = Yes
  user=adiaz

 Any better option to update ? ... any how-to to acelerate ? ...

tnx in advance ...

--
SaludOS/2!
MaQui.-)