[Samba] 3.0.23 + afsacl build problem

Tue Jun 20 11:09:38 GMT 2006

On Mon, Jun 19, 2006 at 02:27:09PM +0200, Greszler Szilárd wrote:
> I've tried to compile samba 3.0.23rc2 --with-vfs-afsacl --fake-kaserver,
> but I've got errors.

Can you try with r16411?

> So the question is, how can I get a mem_ctx variable in that function,
> where can I learn more about mem_ctx, because now I don't know what is it.

mem_ctx is a talloc context. This is a structure that you
can attach other memory to, and if you free the talloc
context all attached memory is also freed. There's more to
it, see
http://samba.org/ftp/unpacked/samba4/source/lib/talloc/talloc_guide.txt
for a reference.

In Samba3, we now have the "easy" tmp_talloc_ctx() that is a
per-smbrequest talloc context that is freed after every smb
request is done.

Volker