[Samba] "smbd: nss_ldap: could not search LDAP server - Can't contact LDAP server" and Samba shares are dropped

Michael Cassaniti m.cassaniti at gmail.com
Mon Jun 19 09:53:20 GMT 2006

Hi,
I Believe that this could be a corrupted secrets.tdb file that may be
losing your ldap password. Please note that this is only a guess. I
really can't offer you too much in the way of help.

Your logs show a search of ldap for a lot of posix account
information. I don't know if that is normal or not, but if it isn't,
then maybe winbind is causing some trouble cause that might be why the
search chases after those attributes. If I'm off track, sorry about
that.

You could also have one of the two of them causing some locking. How
are you doing for space, as in hard drive space?

I really hope someone else is much more helpful than I am.

Good luck!!!