[Samba] changing file permissions

Scott Mayo sgmayo at mail.bloomfield.k12.mo.us
Wed Jun 7 14:59:39 GMT 2006

If I want to make it to where a user cannot change his/her permissions
on a file or directory, are 'nt acl support' and 'security mask' what I
need to be using to do this?

For example, I have it set so that when a student saves his file or
creates a directory, both he and the teachers can access it, but no one
else can.  I want it to stay that way.  I don't want the student to be
able to go to a Windows XP machine and right click the file/directory
and change the permissions so that they can share information with other
students.

 From what I have read so far, the above two commands look like what I
need to be working with.  Just wanted to check before I go do too much
playing around.

Thanks.

--
Scott Mayo
Technology Coordinator

Duct tape is like the force, it has a light side and a dark side and it
holds the universe together.