[Samba] Treatment of UNIX soft link

Yuval Richler yrichler at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 7 13:51:24 GMT 2006

Hello all,

We are using Samba in our office to mirror a UNIX
server.
Inside the UNIX we have some soft links that I would
like to see when using windows browsers via Samba as
well.
Right now it seems that we have two options. One is to
have read-write permissions on such soft links. But
then when deleting a soft link from windows it is
deleting the target itself as well and not only the
link (as it should be and as it does if you use rm -rf
inside the UNIX).
The second option is to limit the permissions. But
then I can't even access/view the target.

Is there an option to configure Samba to allow me to
access the target (for both read and write) using the
link but when I'll delete it, it will delete only the
link and not the target itself?

Many thanks for your help,
Yuval.