[Samba] Unable to use 'valid users' from Active Directory

Reese,Richard Stephen rsreese at ufl.edu
Tue Jun 6 16:52:27 GMT 2006

There are some issues with SP1 Server 2003 and samba. I'm able to auth
fine using samba and either kerberos or winbind. The only difference I
can really determine from our configs is that I have the winbind
seperator commented out so that DOMAIN\someuser works, unless I'm
missing something.

[global]

# workgroup = NT-Domain-Name or Workgroup-Name
   workgroup = UFAD
   realm = ADSERVER.UFL.EDU
# server string is the equivalent of the NT Description field
   server string = SERVER

   hosts allow = 10.242.
   load printers = no
 log file = /var/log/samba/%m.log