[Samba] Issues with cifs mounts following Samba upgrade to 3.0.23a

Jeremy Allison jra at samba.org
Mon Jul 31 23:51:03 GMT 2006

On Mon, Jul 31, 2006 at 06:20:14PM -0500, Jason D. Clinton wrote:
> On Mon, 2006-07-31 at 09:08 -0700, Jeremy Allison wrote:
> > This is a server bug. I've fixed it in the svn code and it will be fixed
> > in 3.0.23b. Sorry for the problem.
>
> Is there some kind of mount option which will work around this in the
> mean time?

Nope, sorry.

> Have you considered putting a big warning message up on your downloads
> page:
>
> !!! INSTALLING THIS WILL MAKE YOUR SERVER NOT WORK !!!

"Only for cifsfs clients"

Well, we do hope people will test code before it goes production.
This was something that no one tested. And I mean *no one* tested.
The code for Windows clients is obviously tested a lot, but the
Linux client code doesn't get tested by people as much. Steve
tests things, but he's only one person. I'm hoping this will change,
but until it does then sometimes accidents will happen.

Jeremy.