[Samba] Issues with cifs mounts following Samba upgrade to 3.0.23a

Jason D. Clinton me at jasonclinton.com
Mon Jul 31 23:20:14 GMT 2006

On Mon, 2006-07-31 at 09:08 -0700, Jeremy Allison wrote:
> This is a server bug. I've fixed it in the svn code and it will be fixed
> in 3.0.23b. Sorry for the problem.

Is there some kind of mount option which will work around this in the
mean time?

Have you considered putting a big warning message up on your downloads
page:

!!! INSTALLING THIS WILL MAKE YOUR SERVER NOT WORK !!!

... I upgraded a partially working Samba server to one that doesn't work
at all. And there's no way to downgrade.

I do appreciate your work, Jeremy.