[Samba] CUPS via SMB with per-user credentials?

Jonathan Anderson jonathan.anderson at ieee.org
Fri Jul 28 02:33:21 GMT 2006

 > I have a multi-user Linux box in a mostly Windows NT/2000 shop. The
office
 > printer is available only via SMB (hosted by a Win2000 box) and access is
 > restricted to valid users in the local NT domain. There is no "global" or
 > "print" user/password.

I saw this post from 2003... any action since then?

I'm in a similar boat, but a little bit worse: in my lab, we have to pay
for printing, and I don't want everybody's. How can I let individual
users connect to SMB-shared printers (not under my administrative
control) using their own uname/passwd?

#!/jon

--
Jonathan Anderson