[Samba] Strange Problem with Windows XP
lists at zollikofer-it.ch
Wed Jul 26 16:06:02 GMT 2006
I have a very strange problem in my environment:
- Windows 2003 Domain Controller
- XP-Clients are in Windows-AD-Domain
- RHEL2.1-Server with samba 2.2.12
- samba is configured in workgroup mode, not as domain-member
I configured a share and 3 users. The users are created with the same
the users use for login to the workstations.
This are the symptoms:
- if I run the UNC-Path for the share, an error pops up: "Extended error
(or something similar, my XP is a german version). No popup for
- I can map a network drive if I put in "Connect as User". But, after a
the network drive is gone. If I do not "Connect as User", the extended
error pops up.
- smbclient on linux works as expected
I found some pointers, that "Simple Filesharing" can be a problem, so I
disabled it - with
I would like to connect to network drives and UNC-Paths without entering
Are there any advices how I can solve this problem?
More information about the samba