[Samba] Fwd: Solaris9+ads+samba3 share

Bhaskar Regmi bhaskar.regmi at gmail.com
Wed Jul 26 15:52:11 GMT 2006

I am trying to authenticate my solaris 9 box against win2k3 active
directory. I can run the following command successfully, but when I
try to access the share on samba server it always keeps prompting for
password. I am missing somehting but not sure what.

net ads join -UAdministrator
getent passwd
getent group
wbinfo -u
wbinfo -g
net ads info
net ads status

I am using Samba 3.0.13, MIT kerberos, and openldap library

Here is my smb.conf. I can access public and home folder but not Project share

[global]
realm = AAA.BBB.CCC.COM
workgroup = AAA
netbios name = Samba
password server = SERVER1.AAA.BBB.CCC.COM
security = ADS
username map = /etc/samba/smbusers
allow trusted domains = Yes
encrypt passwords = yes
wins server = xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx
idmap uid = 10000-20000
idmap gid = 10000-20000
template homedir=/u/%U
template shell = /bin/bash