[Samba] Re: Ubuntu samba slower than red hat??

Douglas D Germann Sr 76066.515 at CompuServe.com
Thu Jul 27 01:37:42 GMT 2006

> > [2006/07/25 19:12:17, 0] lib/util_sock.c:get_peer_addr(1225)
> >   getpeername failed. Error was Transport endpoint is not connected
> > ====end clip
> >
> > Does that provide a clue?
> >
> Yes, but I don't know quite what it is saying. :)  It may be that it is
> looking for some NetBIOS information but don't quote me on that. The
> experts on this forum should be able to provide a better answer. Or you
> can try googling the error line. That frequently turns up useful
> information!

Hopefully in a few hours I will have some time to google something further.
Did find this so far:
http://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic-t-304678-highlight-.html

I tried the smb ports = 139 in the smb.conf file, right after netbios
name, but it did not make any noticeable change. Then again, I
was testing from a linux machine, which is where most of the errors
are coming from.

In any case, I hope the experts here have some ideas about that
error message.

> > When you say set the log level up higher, the only thing I see is
> > to log more to syslog instead of to the samba logs, if I am reading
> > it correctly. It is set to 0 right now. Is this what you mean?
> > What should I try setting it to?
> >
> 10 or 100 should get you lots of messages.

OK, I set it at 20 and will watch the logs and report back.

I'll not be able to get to the other suggestions for a few days,
but will keep you posted on these things.

Thanks, Gary!

:- Doug.