[Samba] samba >= 3.0.23 problems: SMB Signature verification failed on incoming packet!

Jeff Gustafson ncjeffgus at zimage.com
Wed Jul 26 23:40:24 GMT 2006

	I've been having this problem ever since FC5 upgraded above .22 of
smbclient:

Domain=[IDC] OS=[Windows 5.0] Server=[Windows 2000 LAN Manager]
smb: \> dir
client_check_incoming_message: received message with mid 9 with no
matching send record.
SMB Signature verification failed on incoming packet!
Server packet had invalid SMB signature! listing \*
Error in dskattr: Server packet had invalid SMB signature!
smb: \>

	If I "cd" into a known directory on the share first, then the 'dir'
works just fine.  Any ideas?

			...Jeff