[Samba] Samba 3.0.22 freez share

Marek Dabrowski marek.dabrowski at infor.pl
Thu Jul 20 09:25:21 GMT 2006

Hello

I have problem with my samba server... My configuration:
system: CentOS release 4.2 (Final)
kernel: 2.6.9-22.0.1.ELsmp
samba: 3.0.22 (compiled by myself)
server: HP DL380 G3 2xIntel(R) Xeon(TM) CPU 3.40GHz
ram: 4GB

This server is working with cluster with another one. They have access
to storage (SAN fibre channel). File system is GFS.

Problem with samba - sometimes some shares don't response to clients.
It's look like freez. Sometimes it's with all share, sometimes selected
directory. In that sytuation client (windows 2000, XP) must ALT+CTRL+DEL
to kill explorer proces and connect again. Users read/write to share
typical documents *.doc, *.xls, *.pdf.

I have no idea when is that problem. Could you suggest solution?

Sorry for my english.
Regards
Marek