[Samba] Security = ADS and 3.0.23 Upgrade

Dale Schroeder dale at BriannasSaladDressing.com
Wed Jul 19 12:44:21 GMT 2006

Since upgrading to 3.0.23 I have encountered several problems. (latest
Debian Sarge with deb's from samba.org and security = ADS).  All was
working flawlessly before.

*1.* getent passwd no longer lists machine accounts.
*2.* On the Win2K pdc, the samba system's "DNS name" on the general tab
is now listed as localhost.localdomain, and the operating system is
still listed as Samba 3.0.22.  (In the DNS mmc, the DNS records are
correct.)
*3.* Old shares are accessible, newly created ones are not.

I need to know what's going on before I deploy to my production
systems.  I've read all the emails and have not seen this issue
mentioned.  I initially thought it might be the ldap issue mentioned in
the release notes, but my installation of openldap has not been using
the samba.schema.

Thanks,
Dale