[Samba] New Server: need to transfer PDC to new server

adrian sender adrian_au1 at hotmail.com
Tue Jul 18 23:25:40 GMT 2006

Kevin,

You need to provide the list with more information, what backend database
are you using - have you read the documentation available on the samba site?

In any case you need to set the sid to be the same on the bdc as the pdc;
net getlocalsid, then net setlocalsid sidnumberhere.

If you are using ldap database, slapcat -v -l database.txt, go to your new
server and add the database.txt with slapadd -v -l database.txt.

Adrian Sender.