[Samba] 3.0.23: assigning users to printers

Robert Gehr robert.gehr at baumann-gmbh.de
Fri Jul 14 11:55:48 GMT 2006

Hello

I just upgraded our PDC from 3.0.22 to 3.0.23 with all the bells and
whistles.
I am running OpenLdap as a backend and did what's been written in the
Changelog regarding indexing.

The new version started up fine and worked all right. Netlogons, shares,
printing etc. I could also assign ACLs to my files as before.

The PDC also works as a printserver running cups with the drivers stored
in samba.

The strange thing is that when in windows I want to assign a user to a
printer it does not work any longer. A message comes up, telling me it
could not be established that the printserver belongs to the domain.
Funny thing is, that the printserver is the PDC. This problem only
appears in 3.0.23. With 3.0.22 it works all right.

Did I miss something??

Thanks for helping

Rob