[Samba] Problem using 2.0.23 client in a domain with a Samba 2.0.20c PDC.

Wed Jul 12 12:47:13 GMT 2006

On Wed, Jul 12, 2006 at 06:26:38AM -0500, Gerald (Jerry) Carter wrote:
> > I have had this problem on all the "RC" versions of
> > 2.0.23 and thought that this was something that would
> > probably be fixed at release time.  Wrong assumption.
>
> Arggg!!!! *why* didn't you report it?  Please send me your
> full smb.conf and a full level 10 debug log from smbd
> off list.

I can only reinforce this. I think we have been very busy
fixing all reported bugs, but as the number of possible
configurations out there is just too large we can not touch
every test case.

Sorry for the inconvenience, but we can only fix bug that we
*know* about.

Volker