[Samba] OK, one more time on the PDC thing

charlesh at pingouin.ca charlesh at pingouin.ca
Fri Jul 7 20:20:39 GMT 2006

Hi

It seems that your Client VENUS tries to register itself to the WINS server it is configured to. Check what WINS server is configured using "ipconfig /all" in   a DOS prompt.

If your client's WINS server is configured to be a.b.c.d and your domain PDC IP is a.b.c.d but the "wins server" parameter of smb.conf is set to "no" then it would seem logical that the error is "Should be sent to the WINS".

Please post your "ipconfig /all" output and your smb.conf file.

Charles