[Samba] Profile permission

Sensei senseiwa at mac.com
Fri Jul 7 17:36:55 GMT 2006

Hi!

I have a samba PDC over LDAP which works fine allowing roaming
profiles on XP. Now I have some questions about the way samba
accesses the profile share :)

Is necessary to samba or windows that the profile belongs to the user
and to its group? Can I have a profile with uid/gid and allowing by
ACLs a user to read and write there?

It seems that smbuser, belonging to "Domain Users" may use roaming
profiles only in case his files belong to smbuser:"Domain Users"...
is it so?

Thanks to anyone!

--
Sensei <senseiwa at mac.com>

The optimist thinks this is the best of all possible worlds.
The pessimist fears it is true.      [J. Robert Oppenheimer]